The symbol of the crossed-out waste bin placed on the equipment, packaging or documents attached to it means that the product must not be disposed of together with other waste. It is the user's responsibility to hand over the waste equipment to a designated collection point for proper processing.
User - By sorting and handing over used equipment for processing, recovery, recycling and disposal, you protect the environment against pollution and contamination, you contribute to reducing the use of natural resources and lowering the production costs of new equipment.
The nearest e-waste collection points in Wrocław and Jelenia Góra:
Information on other local waste equipment collection points can be found on the website of the Chief Inspectorate of Environmental Protection and the Marshal's Office
Information on used electrical and electronic equipment
1. Waste electrical and electronic equipment should not be placed together with other waste.
2. The holder of waste equipment from households is obliged to hand it over to a waste equipment collector or an entity authorized to collect waste equipment.
3. The seller is obliged to collect waste equipment from households free of charge at the point of sale, provided that the used equipment is of the same type and performed the same functions as the equipment sold
4. When delivering equipment intended for households to the Customer, the Seller is obliged to collect waste equipment from households free of charge at the place of delivery of this equipment, provided that the used equipment is of the same type and performed the same functions as the supplied equipment.
5. The seller running a retail trade unit with a sales area within the meaning of Art. 2 point 19 of the Act of 27 March 2003 on spatial planning and development, amounting to at least 400 m2 dedicated to the sale of equipment intended for households, is obliged to accept, free of charge, in this unit or in its immediate vicinity, waste equipment from households of which no external dimension exceeds 25 cm, without the need to purchase new household appliances.
6. The operator of the service point may ensure the free acceptance of waste equipment in the event that the repair of the equipment accepted at the service point is impossible for technical reasons or when the equipment owner decides that the repair of the equipment is unprofitable for him.